My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Teaching her 'coloring'

I have to be very patient to teach my little girl coloring and writing. Coloring is to improve on the finger dexterity to enable her to write properly.

She loses concentration easily and always scrapes crayons with her fingernails. Last weekend, back at my in laws, jie jie had a coloring book and I was surprised at how well she colors. There's 'stars' marked all over her book.


Amber and Yuen Wen jie jie

Amber liked the stars in jie jie's book and I told her I'd give her stars too if she'd color properly.
I drew a few shapes for her to color :


she can hold a pencil properly

.

.

.

.

.

and her completed work, full of stars :

Another milestone for me and Amber. I hope to get her started on writing soon.