My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pregnancy tag

Annie passed me this interesting tag and I'm recalling back the memories of the long journey of conception, pregnancy and D-day.


Amber Ong - Precious gift from GOD to hubs and me.

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Shocked that I'm finally pregnant but nevertheless, very very happy.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 33

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? A blood test followed by scan to confirm. I didn't want to use urine pregnancy test. It has always been a -ve for me. So, when the blood test confirmed it, I went out to buy a upt, did the test and kept the +ve stick as a momento.. crazy huh ??

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My husband

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? My gynae told me without me asking. The first gynae saw a 'teapot' but later, another gynae told me : it's a girl. 100% money back guarantee !

9. DUE DATE? 20 Apr 2006

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, first trimester.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Curry laksa, mangoes and McDonalds ice cream.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Nobody and nothing, I had a happy pregnancy.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD SEX? Girl.

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 18kg.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? No but we had 2 fullmoon parties, one for family and another for friends.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? We've been planning and waiting for it to happen.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? In the first trimester, I was spotting, my progesterone levels were very low and I had to go to hospital for progesterone jabs every 2/3 days for about a month. The subcutaneous jabs were very painful and my fatty parts ie thighs and tummy area constantly swollen and itchy from the jabs. In the last trimester, my legs and hands were swollen, I looked like Shrek ! I also had carpal tunnel syndrome, couldn't bend my fingers, therefore I could hardly type or write.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Pantai Medical Center @Bangsar

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Induced at 9am, delivered the following day 7am. She was too comfy inside and didn't want to come out.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Hubs

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Hubs and the nurses watched while my doctor delivered Amber.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yes. I was very gung ho when induced, wanted to go all natural but when contractions were slow and nothing happening after 12 hours, I was tired and hungry (no food allowed after induction but hubs 'curi curi' bring in a donut from San Francisco Coffee haha..) and in view of a prolonged labour, I took epidurial. I'm glad I made that choice, I may have pengsan'ed without food for so long.
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 3.57kg (shy lor.. she was the fattest baby in the nursery, courtesy of my almost daily dose of McD ice cream .. hahaha)

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? 22 April 2006.
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Amber Ong

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 34 months
Now, I shall pass this tag to Min Have fun recalling back those vivid labour moments ya ?