My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Return and Exchange Policy

This incident happened today.

I was at Pumpkin Patch KLCC getting something for my niece's birthday today. I bought a few pieces and after paying, I noticed once piece, the piece that was going to be the birthday girl's present was slightly stained and stretched and it was the last piece left.

I checked the receipt, nothing on return and exchange policy stated.
I asked the staff if I could return. She was a real 'hark meen sun' (HMS) who looked at me blank and I-can't-help-you-look ! Then her colleague said I cannot return but can exchange.

Ok, fine I thought. I can accept it if it's for my own kid but as a gift, maybe not. I walked around and found an exchange piece of the similiar or higher price. So, back I went to Miss HMS and she took me to Customer Service to get the 'exchange' done but nobody there knew how to facilitate an exchange.

Then came the Chief Cashier. She muttered something like.. very easy only, fill in the "Exchange and Return" form.

My 'antennaes' went 'ALERT' when I heard 'return' . I quickly asked her if I could return.
She said "Can , no problem ! Same day purchase, can, which one you wanna return?"

Whooo, happy lah... I saw Miss HMS face getting blacker... like wanna kill the Chief Cashier.

So what did I do ????

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I returned ALL my purchases.


The Chief Cashier took my credit card slip and reissued another with the same amount in negative. No questions asked, with a smiling face too ! Miss HMS was so probably cursing me from head to toe, I didn't even bother looking at her.

I don't care if I've pissed the staff at PP Parkson but I do not like being forsaken. It's my right and entitlement to a return and they should not hold back asking me to exchange instead.

On a side note, the items were on a discount and I was 'sum tai, sum sai' , can't decide to buy or not (other than the birthday gift) but after paying, I realise Amber really doesn't so many new clothes. You know how it's like shopping ler.. it's always the devil in us calling for the purchase but guilt follows soon after you've signed the credit card slip !