My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Marmite Prawns

This is the easiest prawn dish I can come up with. Takes 15 minutes, including cleaning the prawns to dishing out and the cooking time is less than 5 minutes !!


Ingredients :
-------------
600gms prawns . Trim 'whiskers' and part of the head (the sharp section) off prawn.
Marinate in 1 tbsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiao Chiew and dash of pepper
1 large knob (2 inch) Ginger, julienned finely

Sauce
------
1 tablespoon Marmite
1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
1 tablespoon light soya sauce
1 tablespoon sugar


Heat work with 3 tablespoon of oil till smoking hot, pour in marinate prawns and ginger together. Stir till prawns turn pink, pour in sauce mixture, stir for another minute

Serve garnished with spring onions.

I usually have my prawns deshelled but the sauce is so yummy, I prefer to keep the shells intact and savour the sauce off prawn first, then peel and dip in sauce again before I eat them. YUMMZZ !!!