My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pork Ball Noodles

Pork Ball Noodles. The square ones, with minced pork, siew cheong and tasty broth.
You like it ? My favourite !

We drove around for lunch and ended up at :

Restoran Win Heng Seng, corner coffee shop at Jalan Imbi. You won't miss this place.

At one discreet end, this is where hundreds of bowls, if not, thousands are dished out daily :

Many of you would recognize the guy in red, the snobbish boss. Make sure you call for small, otherwise, by default, you'll get a medium serving !

My 'small' bowl of pork ball hor fun. I gave hubs some hor fun. (Cutting down on carbs, what to do ??) This portion is RM5.



Hubs medium ' hor fun kon lou ' RM6
This is one of the 'original' Sekinchan pork ball noodles. This place has been around for more than 15 years, I would say it's acceptable but can be inconsistent at times. There's a better one at Pandan Jaya though, shall blog when I go there next.
Hawker food at KL ain't cheap, especially around the Imbi area. Although it's just an old coffeeshop, the stalls here command a 'premium' price for their ordinary hawker fare.
I had to share this, from the same coffeeshop :
RM6 for a SMALL serving of pork noodles. Crazy isn't it ?