My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tonight's Dinner

I can be very impulsive when it comes to cooking. If I want to try a new recipe, I had to just do it. I was drooling over Health Freak Mommy's post about his dad's cooking and saw the turmeric chicken. I had to try it. I asked Shireen for the recipe and it's filed under homecooked food. Check her labels if you are keen to try.

This morning, I made a quick dash to the market and bought some turmerics. Asked my maid to defrost some chicken thigh and ribs, went home, pounded turmeric and onions and cooked the chicken.

When hubs saw the dish, he said OH NO ! Another curry chicken ? We've been having curry chicken for the past few days and I feel heaty, a sore throat coming up !

Well, I assured him this is one of the tastiest chicken dish I've cooked ever, and healthy too !

True enough, he polished the whole plate. A very simple, wholesome dish and non-spicy. Amber loves it too.



pounded onion, turmeric and garlic


Turmeric chicken, though not as mouth watering looking at Shireen's, taste really good. Easy to cook too.
Thanks Shireen, for the recipe..