My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, February 23, 2009

My Weekend

This weekend was a quiet weekend we had in a long time. Since moving house, our activities were packed, it was either the contractors or renovators, then came Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year. I was also down with a sore throat and mild fever. Too lazy to go anywhere or do anything exciting.

We spend a lot of time with Amber and noticed she hardly threw tantrums. She was very well behaved and we spent a lot of quality time together.


I am teaching Amber how to write with the guide of dotted lines. Only 2 rows have examples in dotted lines, the rest, I 'dot' them myself with black crayons. My cheeky fart commented on the dots.. eeee... look like 'da pian.. eee.. orh see!!' meaning look like a trail of shit lah. You see, cheeky or not ?

I'm not sending her to kindie yet but I try teaching her to write at home. I always tell her she has to learn to write before going to kindie (white lie .. a threat actually!)


She monkeys with the crayons here, as if it's jossticks. She actually said :
Pai pai guanyin ma ! give Amber chocolate ah ...
Aiyo, really lol !


She feeds the fishes. Sometimes more than twice a day. I tell her.. fish pau-pau (full) already. If you feed more, the fish will vomit !

It was also a weekend of leftovers. On Sat, I made konlou wantan mee for lunch. A friend gave us a pack of famous Koon Kee wantan mee before the New Year and I kept in the freezer. Was still fresh when defrosted and I made some pork wantan with prawn soup (from leftover peeled shells). For garnishing, I defrosted some (leftover from Chap Goh Mei) braised mushroom chicken feet. I used the gravy for the sauce , along with dark soya and oyster sauce. Yummy and very economical lunch.
On Sunday, I defrosted some Petaling Street Sze Ngan Chye roast duck from our pot luck gym gang gathering. Wanted to copy D'Lish's Duck Confit Pasta and came quite close. Here's how :

Very easy dish, fillet the roast duck (drumstick and breast), season with salt, separate the skin.
Fry skin first still crispy. Fry garlic in olive oil, throw in the meat fillets and some chicken stock and boiled pasta. Give it a good stir and serve. Yummy also
I saved the bones and not so meaty parts for making porridge. Still sitting in my freezer, waiting for another lazy Sunday afternoon.
Leftovers can be interesting too right ?