My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Herbal Chicken

I ran out of ideas to cook chicken. It's always soya sauce, oyster sauce or braised with potatoes. Sometimes tumeric but I was too lazy to get some, let alone pound it. I went to the market in the morning, got half a chicken cut to pieces sitting in my office fridge, to be cooked for dinner.

Thinking.. thinking.. thinking..

Then buzzed Annie, asked her randomly what she'd do with half a chicken .. She suggested herbal chicken.

Good idea. In fact I have lots of herbs, a bit of this and that and some leftover from my confinement days (more than 3 years ago !!!)




Here's what I concocted :

Herbs
3 slice of dong quai
3 sticks of tong sum, cut to 2 inch long
4 red dates, smashed
4 black dates (lam choe) smashed
1 tablespoon of kei chee
1 tablespoon of dried longan

Marinate chicken with 1 tsp salt, 1tablespoon chinese wine, 1tablespoon Maggi chicken stock (no MSG) for 30 mins
Add 1 bowl water and herbs.
Pressure cook for 15 mins :



Kao tim! Delicious and nourishing chicken dish with tasty gravy for all.

Yummzzz