My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kek Lapis Revisited

I started baking kek lapis again. Recipe is available at my previous post on kek lapis.

Now, I'm smarter, after all the effort of waiting for each layer to brown, I make a BIGGER cake. Almost the same amount of effort but you get 1.5 times more. Better deal, trust me, it is worth it.

And I got myself a new handheld mixer. If you follow the recipe closely, you'll know how annoying it is to mix egg yolk, egg white and butter , each separately. Now with a handheld mixer, I can mix them separately in separate bowls. Thank heavens for the handheld.




Then assemble the ingredients neatly :

A tray of eggs. YES ! 30 EGGS !!! This is by far the artery clogging cake.


a 12 x 12 inch pan


one bowl for the whites



another for the butter and a separate one for yolks


Then spread each layer thinly..


Final layer..


Cut and admire the layers...
Everyone likes this cake. It's worth the effort.
p/s
forgot
to
also
note
that
the
following
was
used :
3 BLOCKS of pure BUTTER !!
So darn fattening and artery clogging ! Muahahahahaha..
Now, would anyone still want samples ???