My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, June 4, 2010

Steamed Omelette & Fish Paste

My mom's cooking is the best. I love her simple, no fuss and minimal ingredient cooking.
I'm going to note down all her dishes I loved so much and hopefully one day, Amber too, will cook it for her family. Oh.. that's also if google and blogspot still exist.


To my siblings, Poh, Choo and PC, I'll be doing up a series of mom's cooking. Hope it'll rekindle your fond memories of her and perhaps you should start cooking too !



Today, I'll start off with Steamed Omelette and Fish Paste.



Very simple ingredients : fresh fish paste from market and eggs. I'm too lazy to make the fish paste from scratch this time but if you would like to, recipe's here
Please check with the fishmonger if the fish paste has been seasoned. Most are preseasoned. If not, add some salt, pepper and sesame oil.


Fry a large omelette on non stick pan.


Spread fish paste over.


Roll it up and steam for 15 minutes.



Slice and serve. Tasty, wholesome and healthy. Hardly any oil at all and packed with protein.
I had it with tomato sauce as a kid, but now, I prefer it plain.