My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Surface Parcels

Recently I sent a box of goodies to my childhood friend in Perth. She's not been back to M'sia for what umpteenth years ? 18? or maybe 20? It all started with the pineapple tarts I made during the new year. I thought she could make some for herself since it's pretty easy to get pineapples in Australia, even the canned ones will do and butter is available. So, pineapple, butter, sugar and egg wash, that's just the very basic ingredients of pineapple tarts.

The only lacking item is the mould or dough pumps and it's so cheap over here. I'd send her some, I said.. and I thought why not add some Malaysian flavours to the parcel. A few packs of bak kut teh spices, local coffee and lots of instant curry paste. I even stashed some msg-free Knorr chicken cube stocks in the box. She's a busy FTWM so easy food is good !




Pack it up in a shoe box and cling wrap for protection against moisture.

Wrap again in brown paper, double layered.


and surface mail it. Estimated ETA around 1-3 months.. doesn't matter, the foodstuff has long expiry date. I was joking to her to have a Curry Christmas and the parcel will arrive just in time then.
Guess how much does the 3.08kg parcel cost ?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
RM36.80.
Cheap ? VERY !