My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Dumpling Festival

Frankly all I know about Duan Wu Festival or Dumpling Festival which falls on the 5th day of 5th Lunar Month is eating 'bak chang'.

A couple of weeks before the festival, MIL will pass us some delicious giant bak changs from Tampin, a variety I like with less or no beans, lots of tasty glutinuos rice, chestnuts, salty egg yolk, mushroom and streaky pork.

We've been obedient and had only one bak chang this year and 4 more are sitting in my freezer, hubs and I *heart* bak chang v much and we are saving our bak changs for lazy to cook days :D

Nice ?


Yumzzz...

I did some searching to find out on the history of Duan Wu here.

Observing our Chinese foodie culture is too interesting.. Once dumpling festival is over, we'll be ready for mooncake festival and then.. winter solstice, we'll be feasting on tang yuen.. Sei mou ? it's round the year feasting for us !