My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Restoran Kin Kin - Chilly Pan Mee @ Pandan Indah

Most of you would have heard of Kin Kin Pan Mee at Jalan Raja Laut. The old shophouse, you sweat and sweat and sweat more after having their signature chilly ? They have a branch at Jalan Perubatan 4, Pandan Indah, opposite the Pandan Indah police station and behind Pantai Hospital.

We were there last Sunday with BIL. I was fussing over Amber and forgot to take some interesting pics of the chilly*


Amber playing with toothpicks while waiting for our food. I know I should stop her but I just can't be bothered. .. Don't wanna create a 'drama' while waiting for my noodles



Tadaa !! Dried pan mee with poached eggs



and the soup with bits, pieces and remnants of poached egg. Somehow the sayur manis or shue chye miu is always a bit tough.


Mixed it all up... a bowl of hearty noodles.
Frankly, I find it very expensive. When I first had it , it was RM5 per bowl, now it's more than that. RM5.30 or RM5.50 (not sure coz for 7 bowls and drinks, our bill came to RM43). Comes in ONE size only, if you want more, order 2 bowls, that'll set you back about RM11 (ouch !!!)
All you have is some home made flour noodles, minced meat, ikan bilis and onion crisp. It's the poached egg that lends a special flavour. Break down the yolk, mixed with the noodles, it's heavenly.

*Too bad I did not take a picture of the signature chilly flakes. Let me warn you first, pay attention to the chilly, look carefully, the chilly sparkles !! Coz, it's laden with millionz of MSG flakes. Pay attention ya ! Nice but sinful !
Alternatively, make your own instant mee goreng pedas at home and throw in a poached egg. Taste just as good. I'll post it up once I make one for hubs (and after I've perfected my poached egg!)