My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, December 28, 2009

Colours of Our Christmas

We had the best Christmas this year, I cooked Christmas dinner, baked a Christmas cake (brandy fruit cake) and we even had time to sneak to KLCC on the eve of Christmas to join the carolling there. Oh what day....

I took the day off, went to market and Cold Storage, thoroughly enjoying my day, all my myself.. then went home, prepared the cooking and roast, then my BIL's came, staying over for the weekend and then we all left to pick up hubs at the office and headed to KLCC. Timing and route is very important on a busy traffic day like this to avoid being caught in the eve jam, for which we avoided, thank god..

It's been months since Ambers last trip to KLCC and she was the happiest. She's been bugging me to bring her to KLCC coz we can see the Twin Towers from our home and all along MRR2. Amber was most happy and she's been asking for Santa Claus for weeks, since she saw the Christmas decorations at Pavilion last month. I wanted to go KLCC on the eve coz I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Santa Claus !!

Everyone was busy with their last minute shopping and we just join the 'crowded crowd'.


She picked this decor somewhere and placed one in hubs pocket and another in mine.



Finally Santa !!!!
But.. but.. but... when we went to take photo with Santa, Amber was afraid and didn't wanna go near him. Haih... only after a long persuasion, we took a photo with Santa, Amber nearly cried.

I asked her why she was so afraid of Santa while she's been asking for him everyday. She remembers Santa giving her candy canes at Ikea last year. She told me :

I want Santa old old wan.. this Santa, young young, I don't like !!!

Kids are kids... I really don't know why she said that.


Luckily, Santa's candy cane can placate her



The colors of Christmas at KLCC.
Then by 8pm, we quickly hurried home, I had Christmas dinner to cook. Most of the stuff, I've prepared beforehand, only chicken to roast, soup to reheat and pasta to cook..
Amber decides to be an 'Angel' for the evening. She wants us to call her 'Angel' instead of Amber. Angel is a nice name too ya ? Why didn't I think of it when choosing a name for her.. but then.. how to scream, shout and punish a girl called Angel ? Rather contradicting huh ?

Presenting my first home cooked Christmas dinner. All easy peasy stuff, I stuck to what I was confident at :

Pan roast of whole legs, sausage wrapped with bacon, carrots, aubergines and sweet potatoes


With crushed rosemary, lemon and garlic




Tadaa.... simple, easy peasy, let it roast while I do the other stuffs. We don't fancy turkey (thank god !! I cannot handle such a big and heavy bird) and whole legs are best.. no need to fight for the best part of the chicken.

Then I made some pasta, the quickest and easiest type ... with olive oil and chilly flakes


For starters we had garlic bread (homemade) and fresh mushroom soup. I even tried to make my food look nice and decorated with sprigs of parsley, but it sunk.. dunno why..


Mashed potatoes. Personally, I prefer roast potatoes but BIL spefically asked for mashed.


The pasta, which everyone liked coz it's spicy..


The spread


Somebody enjoying the Christmas dinner but I think she enjoys the sparkling juice served with the wine goblets more.





And my brandy fruit cake ...


Looks kinda bland boz I didn't decorate with blanch almonds or cherries but hubs said it's the best-est cake I've baked (3 whole long hours in the oven) !!!


Apple crumble



Hubs likes to take photos of empty plates and bowls, don't ask me why but this is what's leftover from our Christmas dinner :


And guess who helped clean up the crumbs ?


So, did you have a blast on Christmas ???? I hope you did ;)