My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, August 3, 2009

The Little Nyonya

Another craze over drama series. This time it's Mediacorp's Little Nyonya. Hubs and I are a fan of Singapore tv series. Many years ago, we stayed till late to watch Holland Village and I love Jeanette Aw's acting. My sis in Singapore told me about this not-to-be-missed show and I've been waiting for it for months.

The show airs on Channel 301, Mon-Fri 7pm , repeats at 12midnight. Hubs and I have missed a few episodes and luckily my colleague loaned me the whole set, with English subtitles !! Bless him ! Now we can watch at our own pace, ad free !


Jeanette Aw - Little Nyonya

If you haven't watched this show, please do. Filmed in Malacca and Penang, it brings you back to the Peranakan era. I like the kitchen scenes the most. Nyonya cooking is very delicate, all spices are ground and pounded from scratch, no short cuts making it almost very difficult and tedious and also the most delicious dish.

Amber likes this show too. She joins us when we make it for the 7pm run.

Don't miss Little Nyonya. It's really worth your free time.