My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Not so last after all - our loot !

How could I have forgotten ? The very reason we went Langkawi..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Alcohol shopping !

If you wanna get liquor, liqueurs or wine  from Langkawi, do your shopping first. I've done mine and can tell you go around the many shops in Kuah town to compare prices.

Forget about wines. We bought many expensive wines (RM300 and above), stored and aged at our home only to be found sour and spoilt.*kek sum betul, aitelyu*. I was told the air cabin pressure has something to do with it. Remember... luggage cabin is depressurized and that's not good for the wine. We learnt our painful lesson and will only have wine @ Langkawi, never buy back.

Go for alcohols 40% and above.. esp whisky, vodka, gin, rum and other liquers. The prices are less than half of what we get here at KLand they come in 1liter packaging, so effectively, you only have to pay a small fraction of the KL prices at Langkawi, duty free.

Our loot : 


A good and reputable place to shop for booze is PL Soon Huat. This place looks kinda run down with many locals shopping here but head to the air cond room at the back of the shop for their alcohols.

I bought the vodka, vsop, gin and rum from them.

The Glenlivet single malt 12 years whisky was purchased from Teow Soon Huat.  A real rip off. Paid RM129 for it whereas other places are selling for less than RM80. My mistake for making a haste decision before I scout around.

Why all the booze ?? Christmas is coming soon and I'm gonna start preparing my fruit cakes and toggle around with some homemade cocktails ;)