My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, March 1, 2010

The Last Weekend of the New Year

It's a blessing that last Friday was a public holiday. With so many visitings to do and visitors coming over, and hubs had to work on weekdays, we try very hard to cramp all on weekends.

Hubs friends and his side of the family came over on Friday. Being maidless now, I scaled down my cooking this year. I cooked some meesiam, kunyit chicken, konyyaku jelly and ngorhiang/springrolls/lorbak .. or how you may like to call it.. I searched for a recipe early Friday morning before hitting the market.. exciting eh.. luckily it turned out alright, altho maybe a little salty coz I didn't know beancurd lorbak skins are that salty !

Hubs packed some satay to add to my limited menu and we had a roaring good time ..

BIL came with a couple of good wine ...


Amber was busy tearing her room down with Yuen Wen cheh cheh. I completely forgot to feed her dinner, in the midst of my busy-ness.. 0h - oh.. bad mummy here but she was engrossed in having fun with her cousin, she didn't ask for food at all.

A little bits and pics of what we had :


See the C2 drink ? My guests prefer that to any other drinks.


Everyone helping themselves. Luckily they helped me to clean up too (maidless now mah... LOL !)



Tiger year.. .. .. .. must drink :

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

TIGER BEER !!!

Cheers !



Then BIL burnt a few sticks of fireworks for the kids ..


The kids fed the fishes :


Gong Xi Fa Cai ! Xin Nien Kuai Ler.. Wan Xi Ru Yi !!