My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, December 3, 2010

Having her cake and eating it too

Amber's had her last day of school recently. I think her kindy is one of the very few that has classes up till the end of the month ! 
Parents were asked to pack some food the kids. For once and for avoiding birthday cakes throughout the whole year, I'm allowing her some cuppies. Finally she can have her cake and eat it too. 

I took the recipe from here and made little changes. I used unsweetened soy milk in replace of the cold water and used canola oil instead. Canola works well for the cuppies as it's a low aroma oil. I've used peanut/palm oil blend before and that doesn't work well, the 'smell' of oil was too strong and overpowering.



Adios to her many of her kindie mates. Half of them are moving on elsewhere and next year, Amber will be in Yr5, the 'upstairs kid' they call it, coz Yr5 & Yr6 class are held upstairs.