My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I like Ipoh Salted Chicken - Aun Kheng Lim's

Without fail, every trip back from Ipoh, our car boot will be filled with these Ipoh famous Aun Kheng Lim's salted chicken. Last trip, on our way down from Camerons, we grabbed 5 of these red boxes :


 
Aun Kheng Lim Salted Chicken
24, Jalan Theatre, 30300 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
605-254 2998
11.00am to 6pm 

Located at a red painted corner shoplot at new town Ipoh and  Ipoh is a very small town and going round it, you are bound to come across Aun Kheng Lim's. Don't worry on getting a parking, the staffs are ever ready standing by the road to take your order.


Now, how did we end up with 5 salted chicken ? We were turning into Aun Kheng Lim's and the guy caught hold of my eye and nodded with the fingers up 1, 2 or 3 as in asking how many chickens do I want. I thought.. wait, let me get a parking first, I wanna go down and walk and I waved my palm gesturing him to wait.


We got a parking, and before we had a chance to open the car door, the guy had walked over to our us with 5 boxes of salted chicken in one hand and a RM15 in another. **Pat sap emmm kau**.. RM85 and he had the RM15 change ready should I pay him with a RM100 bill. Talk about efficiency !


Well, I intended to get only 2 or 3 salted chickens but ended up with 5 !!


Hubs and I love the salted chicken. They make a good snack or dinner dish too.
On naughty days, we have it as a snack with beer.

On busy days, I serve it as a dinner dish with hot steamed rice.
I kept it frozen and ready to be dished out as a quick weekday dinner dish when I've lack of time to cook.
Good idea to stock up, eh ?