My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rock a Bye Baby

Amber was so 'manja' and wants to be carried all the time. Seeing her in pain, we give in.

During the nights she cannot sleep, she wants me to carry and rock her. Her order was :

Amber ai Rock A Bye Baby !

That means she wants to be cradled and rocked. I used to rock her to sleep when she was an infant. My MIL 'pengsan'ed' at the thought of carrying and rocking a 11 kg baby to sleep but that's what we did and baby grows up fast, when she was 2, no more rocking, I could pat her to sleep on my bed.

So, last night, she wants me to sing. I only sing 2 songs : Rock A Bye Baby & Hush Little Baby.

Rock a bye baby, on a tree top
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
Down will come baby, cradle and all

..... and repeat and repeat ... and must 'sayang' her forehead, stroke her cheeks till she falls asleep.

She loves it so much, she'll cuddle up in my arms and fall sleep..
:) sweet memories of my baby

This was the first song she learnt to sing at 15 months.

Yesterday night, I twisted the lyrics to :

Rock a bye Amber, on Mama's arms
When the fan blows, Amber will sleep
When the fan stops, Amber will cry
And down will come Amber, bolster and all..

and I went on and on and on, i fell asleep cradling her and fell to my side of the bed, then she screams

AMBER AI ROCK A BYE BABY !!!!

ok.. and again i sing, like a tape recorder again and again....... *sigh*...

Then I changed to another favourite lullaby of mine :

Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird.


And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring.


And if that diamond ring turns to brass,
Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass.


And if that looking glass gets broke,
Mama's gonna buy you a billy goat.


And if that billy goat won't pull,
Mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull.


And if that cart and bull turn over,
Mama's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.

And if that dog named Rover won't bark.
Mama's gonna buy you a horse and cart.

And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town


Gosh ! She only fell asleep at 4.30am... I'm so sleepy now, so no mood to work !!

God ! Please help me pull through this day and make Amber sleep soundly tonight !