My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, January 19, 2009

Chocolate chip cookies

6 years ago, someone passed me the secret Famous Amos chocolate chip cookie recipe. It was widely circulated in the internet then, about how the recipe, a 'secret' was priceless and someone, somehow, managed to buy it from Famous Amos.

I did try , following the recipe and it didn't work. "Throw at dog, also die", that's how tough the cookie was. I modified the recipe and after many trial and errors, came up with my own. I was not working then, and I sold the cookies for CNY, about 50 tins of them, to my ex-colleagues and hubby's colleagues.

I have not baked for a long long time and to start off, I tried my 2 favourite, tried and tested recipes - chocolate chip and fah sang peng. Hope by next year, when you visit my blog, I'll have more recipes. My nephews loves chocolate chip cookies and I've made some to give away for friends and relatives.

A sneak into the chocolate chip bakeout :

walnuts, lightly roasted and chopped to smaller pieces


ingredients for chocolate chip cookies

creaming butter and sugar

final dough, can be frozen and chilled for later use


rolling the dough to size of a red globe grape

all ready for baking


final product ... yumz...
Keen on making some choc chip cookies ? Email me for recipes.
Gong Xi Fa Cai !!!!!!!!!!!!!