My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Busybody in the kitchen

She's my Little Miss Helpful and also Little Miss Drive-me-up-the-wall-when-I'm-busy.

Amber likes to help me in the kitchen.

I try to give her a parcel of fun when I'm doing something important but yesterday she had me screaming up the roof. I was mixing flour to bake bread. I assigned an easy task to her.. to mix the flour at low speed for 3 minutes.  Little Miss Busybody was trying to be Little Miss Helpful and she saw the dry flour ain't mixing well. She took a long plastic spoon and flicked the flour in. I heard a big "KRRRAAAAAAKKKK"  and shouted at her to STOP THE MIXER !!!!

Her long pink spoon tangled up with my dough mixer. It cracked to pieces but luckily my Kitchen Aid is still working.

Her face turned green with fear. She knew mummy was very angry.

A soft whimpering 'sorry mummy'.. I softened down a bit. I've reminded myself, never to be angry at her without counting 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 ... after all, she waited all day for us to get home and she only wants to be helpful.
Posted by Picasa