My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, November 26, 2010

Preps and Props for our first tree

Our Christmas tree was up last weekend but very very naked. I baked some gingerbread man for the tree but looks like the gingies were too bread-ey.. too soft to be hung on the tree. One by one.. the gingies fell down .. :(

And so... the quest for Christmas decorations starts. From baubles to lights, to ribbons and such.. it's not easy, getting the props for the tree. The hubs wanted purple baubles, I wanted less colors, I wanted silver and gold. Ding dong, ding dong, we let Amber choose. Horrors.. .she chose the multicolored ones with red, green, purple, gold and silver. Haish.. noooo.. that will be our last choice but because we asked her to choose instead, we kept our mouth shut and then I thought of a brilliant idea to distract her from the multicolored baubles. I gave her a choice - multicolored baubles or hanging ding-a-lings of pinecones, santa claus and such..for a 4 yr old, a combi of such is certainly much more attractive than a a dozen multicolored baubles. Hubs won.. we chose silver and purple baubles instead


After hours of choosing the Christmas decors ....


We ended up with these :

The Santa is an extra prop, very cute.. with leg extensions..

We're all good to prep up our first tree but I made  a deal with hubs.. he'll string the lights and I'll hang the props. I read about Jomel's adventure with the Christmas lights and I'm very sure I don't want to tear my hair off over the blinking lights..


Ding dong merrily on high,
In heav'n the bells are ringing:
Ding dong! verily the sky
Is riv'n with angel singing.