My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What We Did on Christmas Day and the next

On Christmas morning, hubs was helping my BIL move some mattress from my fathers to our place. We need to fold up Amber's baby cot (max age 4 and I think we've maxed it out) and replace with a single bed mattress. No chance on getting her to sleep in her own room, still rooming in with us, my baby.

We went Pavilion (again!!!!) on Christmas Day but this time with a reason. Bossini was having
50% off and I needed to get some clothes so, good excuse :). Luckily the sale wasn't fantastic, perhaps most of it were winter collection clothes and not suited for our hot summer weather and I had more allocation to shop at Marks & Spencers.



The sights and colors of Christmas

Where else would you find me at Pavilions ?

Can you see me nodding off ? Amber fell asleep and we had to cradle her whole afternoon. Haih. .. . there goes my shopping expedition.







Then we went to Starhill, a reprieve from the crowd at Pavilion. Hubs wanted to show Amber whis interesting walkway with millions of glittering lights :



Another Christmas tree which caught hubs attention:







Lift buttons at Starhill is color coded and themed. Very interesting.. no prize for guessing she pressed ALL of them .. :(
We went home for steamboat which I've prepared in the morning with the help of my maid. We shopped till very late and it was the fastest steamboat setup I did and because of the rush, we forgot all about our camera.
I really enjoyed our Christmas celebration this year even tho it's all about food and shopping. What's important to me is we enjoyed family's company and I discovered a lot more about Christmas food.
Having guest gives us every reason to eat. We had mince pies and plum pudding for supper. I made my own lemon sauce to go with the pudding. Really yumz !
We had a quiet Boxing Day, BILs left and the house was down to just 3 of us again. We enquired Amber's registration at a kindie nearby and went KLCC to do some shopping.
Por-Por (her previous nanny) invited us to her Christmas/Year End/Birthday Bash. It's her yearly family affair and we're invited to join. Amber miss her Por Por very much and was looking forward to the night.
I thought I could make it to Old Klang Road easily by MRR2, exiting Awan Besar but it was raining and I took a wrong turn to Maju Expressway.. we were already late for dinner, had to make another 40km, turnaround before coming back to MRR2. Lesson learned, don't depend on GPS 100%, need to use my eyes and logic too !
We still made it, no doubt late, for the party.
Amber hands a present to Jane cheh-cheh. The gathering was to celebrate Jane cheh-cheh and Richard Kong-Kong's birthday.
There's a buffet, BBQ and roast lamb spread. Hubs and I headed for buffet table immediately. No time to BBQ, stomach growling and blaming me for making a wrong turn to Putrajaya.. LOL !!
I can very 'fong sam' to leave Amber to play with her best friends .. Jane & Wan Teng cheh cheh while we had dinner. My maid was also busy eating somewhere (I dunno where she went ??)


See how happy she is here ? With friends whom she grew up with.. her best pals..


Then it was time to sing the birthday song..


2 cakes.. one for Jane cheh-cheh and Richard gong-gong.



Amber with her Jackie cheh-cheh.. Jackie loves teasing Amber and 'manja' her very much.

Then Por-Por gave each of us a 'lye-see' for well wishes. My dear girl, Amber couldn't wait to open it at home, she quickly open the packet and count the notes **blush**




We stayed till quite late. Amber changed her pyjamas and gelled up her hair with body lotion!




Ms Punk ! and her buddy, refusing to call it a day.
We had to coax Amber to go home and she told Por Por she'd visit her the next day..
'Tomorrow, 2 o'clock, I come to your house ahh !'
True enough, the following morning, the first word Amber said was 'I want to go Por Por's house at 2 o'clock!!!'
Amber miss Por Por very much and kept asking me why she cannot go to Por Por's house and why she must go to current childminder. I had to explain to her that all good things must come to an end and she'll be schooling soon and everyone has their own schedule, Mama & Papa has to work, Kakak will go back Cambodia, Amber will go to school and Por Por has her own things to do.