My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tragedy at Bukit Antarabangsa

I remembered clearly, the air cond. was not working and I woke up from my sleep. It was darkness all around. The usual alarm panel was not lighted up too. I woke hubs up. One of the switch must have tripped (has been happening many times, part of teething issues in our new home). We checked but no switch tripped. I looked out to the neighbours. It was all darkness, only then I realised it was power failure.

Ok... back to sleep.

Looking back at the clock, it was 4am.

Then, I heard police sirens...

It went on and on... I feared and sensed something bad happened

Got out of bed at 7am, called the neighbours, and received sms that a huge landslide had occured at Bukit Antarabangsa.

No electricity, no hot water,, it's best to eat out. We made a detour to Bukit Antarabangsa, Jln Wangsa Ukay, it was filled with cars but we could still enter... we decided to leave as there were many cars parked along the road and we had to walk in and we did not want to do that with Amber.

An hour later, the road to Wangsa Ukay was blocked as well. Police was checking all cars entering that area.

Received news from Mr Lau that a friends of his brother living in that area has lost 2 family members. May their soulsrest in peace.