My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, May 18, 2012

Testing Recipe 2

Second item of list of recipes I'm testing, for an upcoming cookbook of a food photographer/blogger.

This one, is chilly based paste, made from scratch from raw ingredients peeled, boiled and blended. I took the easy way out to blend instead of pound. I don't think I can survive a kitchen splattered with chilly paste all over, actually my pounding skills are bad.. I cannot handle the pestle and mortar like a true blooded nyonya who knows hows the proper rhythm and force, manipulating the pestle with accuracy and chilly juice do not get splattered all over.

I've tried using blender but it's hard to blend semi moist ingredients without adding water and I've shifted to my Tefal food processor. Blends nice and fine :D

Sambal anyone ??
Posted by Picasa