My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chupa Chups

I was paying at a cashier check out and the Chupa Chups caught her attention. I overheard her saying softly to herself :
Ooooooohhhhhhh  Wow !!!!!! Lollipops !!

Poor little kiddo ! She's been off candies and chocolates for  more than a year. Apart from an occasional Mentos mint and chewing gum (only recently too), I do not allow her candies. She's allergic to dairy and certain food colorings and sugar is not good for her as she has candida and we have to limit her sugar intake.

We offered her one and her expression ? Priceless !!!


I chose a cola flavoured Chupa Chups for her. Non-dairy and less coloring. She's just as happy :

She didn't finish the Chupa Chups and I was very happy to chuck it away. Although she likes candies and all kinds of lollies, she's never addicted to candies and I think it's ok to allow her a little luxury once in a while.