My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

9 Questions Tag

Min wants to see some fun injected to my blog, she tagged me. This is my first time doing a 'tag', here goes :

1. Have you ever been on TV
Yes, back in 1996 or so, and how I found out was quite bizzare. I attended a play by Instant Cafe Theatre and some filming company filmed the show including bits of the audience. Then many months later, I went to HK to meet a friend whom I've never seen or met before and when he met me, he asked were you watching a xxx play at xxx place sometime ago ? Apparently he watched a documentary in HK about Malaysian culture and plays and remembers my 'face'. I was aghast !

2. Have you ever sung in public?
No. I'm hopeless in singing. I hope never to be called out to sing , not even in karaokes. I only sing in my shower for my own listening pleasure :)

3. Have you ever dyed your hair blond?
No, but if I have the looks of a Japanese doll, i may try ..

4. Have you ever eaten frogs' legs?
Yes and I lurve 'tien kai', steamed with chicken essence, porridge, kungpao, keong choong.. you name it !

5. Have you ever received a present that you really hated?
Not really, even if it's something that I don't fancy, it's the thought that counts.

6. Have you ever walked into a lamp post?
No and I hope never to !

7. Have you ever cooked a meal by yourself for more than 15 people?
Yes, recently, New Year's Eve and Chap Goh Mei. It's exciting to plan though. I try to organize the menu to the following order : 1) dishes I can cook beforehand like stews or curries 2) oven baked (to free up my stove) 3) dishes that needs to be served hot 4) desert 5) wine & cheese , drinks.

8. Have you ever fallen or stumbled in front of others?
Yes and it was a big big BANG ! Really painful and I'm glad I'm not hurt.

9. Have you ever done volunteer work?
Yes, in my ex-company, we had a yearly charity event. I remembered vividly abt 10 years ago, we visited the paediatric ward at Universiti Hospital. We brought gifts, shows and games to cheer up the kids but I was in tears instead. Seeing so many critically ill kids and babies breaks my heart.
I would love to do more charity work, instead of just donations.

Now, let's see who else can have some fun injected to their blog :

1) Annie Q
2) Little Lamb
3) Laundryamah

Have fun !