My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Seafood Padprik

I love the nasi goreng with seafood padprik from Restoran Santai at Tesco Ampang. I heard they have an outlet at Taman Tun which is equally as popular too.

I tried to cook the 'padprik' dish and this is what I came out with :


Ingredients

Recipe :

1 bowl of prawns, shelled and deveined, leaving tails intact
1 bowl of white sotong, cut criss cross on the insides
2 garlic pips, chopped
1 large onion, wedged
80gms long bean, cut to 4cm length (blanched)
80gms cauliflower florettes (blanched)
2 tbsp oil
pinch of salt

Sauce:
2tbsp oyster sauce
2tbsp tomato sauce
2tbsp chilli sauce

Heat oil, fry garlic till fragrant, add salt
Add in onions, long beans & cauliflower, stir for 1 minute
add in prawns & sotong
add sauce and stir well till prawns turn pink and sotong curls up.

Goes well with white rice or garlic fried rice.



Seafood, padprik style. Another easy 15 minutes dish

Turns out to be wholesome and easy dish, the quantity I used was enough for 4 pax. We couldn't finish it and the main had the leftovers for her lunch.