My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, March 27, 2009

Earth Hour 8.30pm

Should I participate in the Earth Hour, tomorrow, 8.30pm ? I have a long to do list in the evening tomorrow : bake cake, make yam cake and roast pork for Ching Ming on Sunday.

I'll need the oven for baking and roasting and I can't possibly keep the lights off , need to keep a close watch on the roasting and baking. So how ? how ? how ?

I can't do the stuff any earlier, will take me at least 3 - 4 hours to complete. Evenings are the only time I have. Mornings are taken up with sending Amber for her Hepatitis A immunization (long overdue-just check her immunization card and was supposed to go for the jab last November !!!) and hubs has a couple of appointments in the afternoon.

Gee... should I participate and keep unnecessary lights and electrical items off for the ONE hour ?

No, but I shall practise very prudent electricity consumption, switch on lights only when necessary, lavoid using dryer, opt for fresh air, fan and air cond only when it's necessary, use a thermos flask instead of thermopot and iron clothes only when necessary and do it quickly,

My maid can iron for 2-3 hours and she irons like drawing a masterpiece ... slowly pull the shirt over the ironing board, slowly glide the iron, one side then the other .. sloooowwwlly turn the shirt over.. sllllooooooowwwwwwlllllyyy fold and iron again.. really, watching her ironing will make you jump, i can do it twice as fast in half the time but why should i when I've paid her ?

Our electricity bill chalks up a big bulk of our monthly household expenses, apart from giving mother earth a break, I should give my wallet a break too...