My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, March 23, 2009

Downgrading to XP

Unable to download photos for a week. Downgraded my laptop to Windows XP cos some of the programmes I need to use is not supported by Vista.

I'm lucky to have my own IT Consultant, he's a good friend of hubs and me and also our makan kaki. He'll help us in any software or computer issues.

Over the last weekend, he fixed up my notebook but I need to re-download each programs one by one. I have problems with Picasa3, the downloaded copy is in Chinese, I dun understand leh..
and.. cannot get Yahoo Messenger up, feel so handicap without it.and.. cannot download photos from my camera for one whole week until this morning, after scrummaging my office for the download cd.

Anyway, to thank him, we went for a hearty lunch of hokkien mee, lor mee, and what nots at Ayer Panas, Setapak. This is a gem of a place with many hidden treasures of yummy good, reasonably


Look out for this sign, the food court is next to the field. rather run down, zinc roofed.


This is it. The stall we patronized,
Stall No 22 Ayer Panas Hawker Center.
8.30am - 6.00pm, Tuesdays to Sundays.
012-6247610

Some of their chiu pai choy is henessy lor meen, cantonese fried with wild boar meat or venison, lala & fish fillet fried noodle. I do not like wild boar meat but hubs and friends said it taste as good as usual pork meat, very tender.


Henessy boxes decorating the stalls.


Lor meen with a small portion of Hennesy. RM11 for a small bowl but the small serving is rather huge. The brandy makes the soup extra sweet and nourishing.


Also, don't miss the ais kacang next door. For RM2.70, you get all the works including roasted shandong nuts.. yumz !!!