My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, December 27, 2010

Bits and Bops - Pre Christmas :)

It's not too late to wish stopovers here a very Merry Christmas. There's 12 days of Christmas and today is only the 3rd.. and so what did my true love gave to me ? 

**nothing**

lololololol.........

Well, I feel I should post up all my backdated post before the New Year starts, just like Annie. Let's see if I can get it done. I have say... 4 days left and so here's starting my blog diarrhea with what we did pre Christmas that I had not blog about before : 

was busy baking fruitcakes for my sales.. business has been good :) I'm really fussy and made sure the fruits has to be well macerated.

 then repeat orders came in last minute... in blocks of 4 or 6... ***help***.. on some days, I was baking till 1am in the morning. I thank god for the blessings endowed on me. 
rezeki jangan ditolak, betul tak ?

I truly apologize for orders that came in right before Christmas that I had it to turn down. I don't believe in shortchanging my customers and taking shortcuts just to get business.

I had fruitcakes stuffed everywhere, my home and office. No grocery shopping as there isn't space for any.  The hubs volunteered his wine chiller for storage and I shall keep that in mind next year :)

then... I baked gingerbread man for my clients and friends. For everything I bake, I had to bake an egg-free, dairy-free version for Amber, I can't be possibly excluding her from the fun and yummy stuff.

One some crazy nights, I baked 3 batches of gingerbread man.

My sis and niece was in town. I was juggling between baking time and shopping time with her. Their visit is a blessing, I roped in my niece, Li, to help with the gingerbread man decorations. She's way way more creative than me :)



these are the allergy free ones. Made them with margarine and egg replacer but somehow I couldn't get the royal icing right, lack of volume and texture but nevertheless, she loved them to bits :

My niece, Li, the very creative one, amongst us, came up with different designs for each gingerbread man and I only had to copy one which I liked :)
  

My sis, gave up decorating after few failed attempts.. blame it on 'lou far' , she said but she's a great help in packing up the gingies.


Amidst all the baking and busy-ness, we found some time hit the malls to absorb all things Christmassy






Amber's cousin sister, Li, was in town and she's of great help in distracting Amber away from me. Amber only wants Li Li cheh cheh.. she insists on seated next to her, insist on holding her hand.. etc etc.  much to my delight !



 More coming up....



On the third day of Christmas, My true love gave to me, Three French Hens, Two Turtle Doves,
....... and a Partridge in a Pear Tree