My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Confinement Herbs

 I decided to DIY  my confinement herbs instead of buying the prepacks of 28 day packabe. Basically same stuff but they cost a whole lot more.

The CL told us about a chinese herbal wholesale at Pandan Mewah. Stuff are cheaper there and they'll tell you which one has sulphur and not.

We did our herbal shopping before CNY and I've kept it in hubs wine chiller at 15c. No more space in our fridge with all the CNY snacks, fruits and drinks.

I bought the following staples :

- red dates
- kei chee/wolfberries
- nam jou/black dates
- tong sum
- snow fungus - for desert
- dai fung ngai bathing herbs


I've already kept stock for :

- pat chan
- dong quai/angelica
- toong chung choe/cordyceps
- black beans

and.. I'm still not covered yet.

I will post all the shoppings up soon. A very handy checklist/shoplist for mums-to-be..
Posted by Picasa