My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, May 6, 2011

The Cousins Are Back


My brother and his family was back from Australia during the Easter break. His 3 girls, 3 wonderful, jolly and happy girls were back to Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore for a 2 week break.

Their trip coincided with Amber's birthday on 22 April 2011.
My nieces - Sharlene, Rosalyn and Natalie.

We did a small pre-bday celebration for Amber as it's such a rare opportunity to have the cousins around at this time of the year.

We had dinner at SKH Riverview  at 6 & 8 Lorong Embun 2, Kuala Ampang, Hulu Klang, Ampang. 
We like their giant tilapia -  'fei chau' fish here, done in various styles - teochew steam, ginger sauce, choy poh or sweet and sour.  We ordered sweet and sour and they fillet the fish before cooking so it's really easy to feed the kids boneless fei chau fillet.
 

 seong tong lala
 pork belly with salted fish
 baby bok choy with garlic

Actually there's a few more nice dishes.. the butter prawns were awesome but I always forget to take pics of food that comes halfway when I'm eating.. typically moi - always forget to take food that comes late !~

I had made some cupcakes meant for her celebration at the childminders but since the cousins were in town, we whacked these cuppies first and I made extra later in the night. She wanted princess cuppies and had requested for her favourites - Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Belle... the whole long list but I'll always remember the cute look of hers when she described to me how she wants her cake to be like and naming the Disney princess one by one. I found the edible images at BWY (phew!!!) and she helped me bake and decorate the allergy free cuppies.

The birthday princess !!

We asked her to make a wish and she closed her eyes and whispered, mumbled. My brother said the wishes are meant to be a secret and she quickly mumbled to me :

She wants a scooter for her birthday and a yoyo car for her 6th birthday !

That's Amber. If you'd tell her it's a 'secret', she'll want to share immediately :D