My Ramblings

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, January 3, 2011

Our Christmas Day

I'm so outdated in my postings. I'm probably the last or the only one to post up Christmas happenings past the New Year but I have a perfect excuse. It's still Christmas and today's the 10th day of Christmas.

This year's celebration was only a small do for my friend Bella and her family who has left Malaysia yesterday. She's a sister of my ex-colleague from HK. She came to Malaysia with the HK born but Singaporean citizen hubs, about 12 years ago and settled down here.  Bella, Richard and their 3 princesses are the most adventurous family we've known. They've traveled around Malaysia so well, knows all the nooks and corners of the country and also where the good food are.  
Amber's good friend, Sharon, also joined us for the Christmas brunch.

I was so busy with my fruitcakes and didn't have time to plan for a proper Christmas lunch. Up to 2 days before Christmas, I was debating between lambshank stew or hokkien mee. Lamb shank is interesting and something hubs would have loved but hokkien mee is something I'd cook without much fuss or worry.

Consensus on my FB suggested lamb shanks, so lamb it shall be. Googled a bit here and there.. and brewed out a pot of stew on Christmas eve

 I cooked a simple brunch... roast platter of chicken drumsticks, bacon wrapped sausage, cocktails and potatoes, pasta, egg and dairy free cupcakes, peach jelly and Big Sister's fruitcakes. I ran out of homebaked fruitcakes, my customer took all there is. Anyway, the super sweet fruit cakes tasted a lot better after brushing with brandy and left to cure for a day or two.


 I packed a gingerbread man and candy stick for each kid.
 They had a swell time, playing and fooling around with each other. The house was full of.. joyful noise :)


Then on Boxing Day, we got Amber up early to open her presents :)
 


She had pressies from Aunty Annie, Aunty Barbara, Aunty Rachel, Aunty Joanne,  her grandparents and also Papa & Mama.

She was frantically looking for the pressie from Papa & Mama.

and we got her these :

 A ring... with crowns and diamonds !! I knew she love all things ding-a-lings, and when I saw this ring, I had to get it.


and... that was how we spent our Christmas ...


On the tenth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.